Friday, December 28, 2007

The California Nurses Association supports National Health Care through the National Nurses Organizing Committee (NNOC).

The first time I noticed it was when Michael Moore's "Sicko" was released. My wife, a nurse, received a letter from the California Nursing Association that promoted the movie. In the letter they asked that we encourage people to see the movie.

This struck me as odd because I thought that nurses may be a more conservative bunch. Since then I've found that to put nurses and doctors into the same political bag is a mistake. Nurses have a general affinity with doctors but they may not agree with doctor techniues and philosophies.

For instance, I know quite a few labor and delivery nurses who are appalled by doctor interventions during the birth process. They seldom speak up to oppose the doctors since they fear they may lose their jobs. Doctor arrogance is a very real and dangerous entity for those who work in hospitals and those who seek medical care. Every watched the TV show "House"?

For more info about nursing visit http://www.nursingprogramsonline.com

No comments: